Mon, May 02|
Sims Municipal Recycling
Sims Municipal Recycling Tour (2)
Visit the largest sorting system of its kind in the US from an elevated observation deck and bridge overlook. Discover the expansive system of equipment which sorts hundreds of tons of metal, glass, and plastic each day.
Time & Location
May 02, 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM
Sims Municipal Recycling, 472 2nd Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11232, USA
About the event
Sims Municipal Recycling (SMR), an emerging leader in the municipal recycling industry, has quickly become the cornerstone of the New York City curbside recycling program. SMR processes 100% of the metal, glass and plastic collected by the New York City Sanitation Department throughout the city’s five boroughs. In 2013, SMR opened its state-of-the-art materials recovery facility in Brooklyn – a facility that processes the largest volume of metal, glass and plastic in North America.
The guided tour of the facility also includes a chance to explore the 8,000 square foot Recycling Education Center with interactive displays, engaging activities, and informational videos.
Please note that:
- All visitors must be 18 years or older.
- All visitors must show proof of vaccination, completed at least two weeks before their visit.
- All visitors must wear a mask at all times.
- All visitors must complete a safety waiver and present it to their educator or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the tour. You can find the waiver here. Forms will also be avalibale to sign at the tour.
- We ask that visitors do their best to allow space and socially distance from others.
Student / Government Ticket