Wed, May 04|
Reimagining Economic Growth in NYC: The Power of Corporate Engagement & Partnerships as a Tool to Unlock Circularity
Hear findings and lessons learned from the pro-bono corporate Challenge’s solutions to supporting New Yorkers.
Time & Location
May 04, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM EDT
About the event
The New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC), PYXERA Global, and Enel are excited to present findings and lessons learned from the Reimagining Economic Growth in NYC Challenge. This effort engaged pro-bono corporate teams from 3M, SAP, and Enel North America in identifying opportunities to promote circular technologies and solutions in NYC that promotes economic benefits for low income New Yorkers and small businesses.
Over the month-long challenge period, corporate teams researched and proposed piloting and demonstration opportunities in circularity at a key NYCEDC asset in Sunset Park, Brooklyn – the Brooklyn Army Terminal. Winning solutions will be explored for implementation by NYCEDC.
- Nicole Spina, Assistant Vice President of Industry Initiatives, NYCEDC
- Peter Perrault, Director and Head of Circular Economy, Enel North America
- Ann Peddle Meitz, Vice President, Sustainability and Packaging Innovation of the 3M Consumer Business Group
- Jim Sullivan, Head of Product Management, Sustainability, SAP
Moderator: Alexandra Smith-O’Connor, Associate Director, GPB, PYXERA Global
Key Participant Learning Outcomes
- How cities, nonprofits, and corporate institutions can partner to create circular change
- Lessons learned from leveraging a challenge model to facilitate new ideas
- Types of ideas that came forward from the challenge and next steps