Fri, Mar 08|
The Williamsburg Hotel
Official Closing Circular City Week Celebration - Rethinking City Planning & Architecture
Join us, and all our partners, for a festive closing celebration of Circular City Week. We will provide drinks and snacks, along with inspirational talks from our Pioneer Partners on how circular economy can revolutionize value creation, guide city planning and advance architecture.
Time & Location
Mar 08, 2019, 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
The Williamsburg Hotel, 96 Wythe Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
About the event
Circular City Week is about bringing people together, sharing solutions, and inspire local action. As to accelerate this mission, we are hosting a Circular City Week celebration, courtesy of our partners at The Williamsburg Hotel.
This will be a festive finale to a week of events, and a thought provoking start to your weekend. Inspirational talks will showcase how change can be brought about within architecture and urban planning. Especially how the circular economy can revolutionize value creation in the built environment, drive the use of new materials, be a guiding principle in city planning and advance innovative architecture.
We will provide the first two drinks and snacks. Attendees will also receive a year long online subscription to Renewable Matter, the international circular economy magazine.
Doors open at 5.30 pm
Welcome by Tone Søndergaard, Strategy & Project Director from the Danish Cleantech Hub
- Built to Last: Shawn Torbert, U.S. Public Affairs Manager, ROCKWOOL
- Scaling Circular Practices: Tom Kennedy, Principal, Arup
- Circularity City: Jesper Minor, Founder, Minor Change Group (Central Denmark Region)
Reception continues with more drinks and food
Party moves to the lobby bar at 8.30 pm
- The preview paper to the Circular Economy in Cities report by Arup and Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Central Region Denmark strategic plan Circularity City - Shaping our Urban Future
Circular City Week Celebration