Design for Circularity: What if We Could Redesign Everything?
Time & Location
About the Event
In theory, redesign begins with a problem. The problem might be specific or systemic or subjective. While progress may entail change, change does not necessarily guarantee progress. But a clever circular redesign, one that addresses the right problem in an intelligent fashion, improves the world, if just by a bit.
Join us for an exciting morning of showcases which exemplifies how to design for circularity in the built environment. 8 circular pioneers will take the stages and present the mindset, method and material choices behind their design. Presentations will be Pecha Kucha style, followed by questions from an expert panel.
AIA CES: 1.5 LU | 1.5 HSW
The Expert Panel
- Healthy Materials Lab: Johsara Ruth, Director of Design
- IDEO: Lauren Yarmuth, Portfolio Director
- Center for the Circular Economy New York: Kate Daly, Executive Director
9.00am Arrival & Breakfast
Expert Panel Introduction
9.20am Pecha Kucha Presentations + Q&A
- Gabriel (Textiles)
- Peikko & GXN (structural connections)
- Fischer Lighting (LED lighting)
- Komproment (Façade systems)
- 57 st. design (Furniture)
- Gamle Mursten (Recycled bricks)
- Wehlers (Chairs)
10.40am Thank you
- Design for Circularity at AIA$0$00$0