Co-creating a Circular Campus
Time & Location
About the Event
Barnard College, the winner of the recent Build Back Circular Call from BLOXHUB & Danish Cleantech Hub, NY, aim to rethink campus living and create the first Circular Campus in the US.
This online discussion is a part of a collaboration between BLOXHUB, the Nordic Hub for sustainable urbanization, and Barnard. With an overall aim to make a practical contribution to the implementation of circular principles in campus development, we will ask: how can Barnards commitment to becoming a Circular Campus inform design and operating decisions that can reshape patterns and support the change of behavior?
This interactive 1,5-hour session aims to inform, inspire and involve urban planners, university students/staff/faculty, sustainability professionals, architects, and anyone looking to move from circular plan to implementation. Together with our panel invitees and participants we will explore possible perspectives, identifying opportunities and challenges, and taking into account the principles of the circular economy by addressing the following questions:
Why is circularity key to developing the university campus of the future? And how to develop initiatives and strategies with maximum impact?
Your hosts will be:
– Lotte Breengaard, Program Director of Urban Partnerships, BLOXHUB
– Sandra Goldmark, Associate Professor of Professional Practice and Director of Campus Sustainability and Climate Action, Barnard College
· Welcome and introduction to the innovation processes & intro to Circular City Week, Mille, DI
· The Barnard College campus vision and plan, Sandra Goldmark, Associate Professor of Professional Practice and Director of Campus Sustainability and Climate Action, Barnard College
· Intro to BLOXHUB – The Nordic Hub for sustainable urbanization, By Lotte Breengaard, Program Director of Urban Partnerships, BLOXHUB
· Panel discussion on the principles of creating a circular campus.
The panel will consist of scientists/academics from Barnard College and members from the BLOXHUB ecosystem, working with circularity.
· Let´s co-create Join a cross-disciplinary small breakout group of people/participants and discuss your perspectives, advice or best practice relevant to Barnard on their journey becoming the first fully circular campus in US.
Give your input to one of the following focus areas:
- Design and Construction
- Green Spaces
- Reuse and Sustainable Purchasing
- Food and Dining
· Let´s share Share breakout groups very best idea/advice
· Summarize and Thanks to all