Circular Economy - Delivery for Cities
Time & Location
About the Event
Kick start your week with exploring how circular economy can lead to wholly new ways of creating economic value, as well as opportunities to deliver against key mayoral priorities, and support climate objectives and Sustainable Development Goals.
Why is circular economy key to 21st century cities? How can circular economy work in cities? And what role do city governments have in the transition? These are questions that have been analyzed in recent reports and case studies by Ellen MacArthur Foundation, Arup and C40. It will be an insightful afternoon with discussions of best practices taken by cities around the world and the sharing of actionable urban strategies.
This event is hosted by Arup, in collaboration with C40 and Ellen MacArthur Foundation, with support from Center for Global Affairs at NYU School of Professional Studies.
Introduction & Welcome
- NYC Mayor's Office of Sustainability: Mark Chambers, Director
- Ellen MacArthur Foundation: Miranda Schnitger, Cities Project Lead
- Arup: Tom Kennedy, Principal
- C40: Charlotte Breen, Head, Green Economy & Innovation - Business, Data & Innovation
Interactive Discussion + Q&A
Sum Up & Thank You
Networking & Drinks
- The preview paper to the Circular Economy in Cities report by Arup and Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Municipality Led Circular Economy Case Studies report by C40 Cities and ClimateKIC
- Sold OutTicket$0$00$0