Circular City Week - Opening Ceremony
Time & Location
About the Event
Why is circular economy key to 21st century cities? How can circular economy work in cities?
Join us for what will be an insightful evening and opening of Circular City Week with discussions of best practices taken by cities around the world and the sharing of actionable urban strategies. We will showcase how cities are making a difference and becoming drivers of change. Representing different perspectives, inspirational talks will showcase how change can be brought about and highlight the immense potential, the need for collaboration and how we can all be part of spurring a circular movement.
- Ahmed Aboutaleb, Mayor of Rotterdam
- Mark Chambers, Director, New York City Mayor's Office of Sustainability
- Tom Kennedy, Principal, Arup
- Lindsay Clinton, Executive Vice President, Industry and Innovation, NYC Economic Development Corporation
- Ashima Sukhdev, Government & Cities Programme Lead, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Eva Gladek, Founder & CEO, Metabolic
- Tone Sondergaard, Director, Circular City Week // Danish Cleantech Hub
- and more
5.30 pm Doors open & Welcome
6.15 pm City to City Fireside Chat
6.35 pm Keynote on Scaling Circular Practices
6.45 pm Panel Session: Approaches to circular cities and driving change
7.20 pm Q&A with the panel and audience involvement
7.30 pm Thank you & Networking
Space is limited and for building access please do list full attendee name(s) and bring ID.