Mon, May 02|
SAP Purpose and Sustainability Center
Driving circularity through partnerships: Co-creating with future consultants within Circular Economy
Explore how a partnership between Ramboll and NYU can provide insights on strategic circular design and the impact of the EU taxonomy on investments across the Atlantic.
Time & Location
May 02, 2022, 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM EDT
SAP Purpose and Sustainability Center, 10 Hudson Yards, 48th floor, New York, NY 10001
About the event
This session will target developers, investors, and financial institutions, and present the developers with a deep dive into the strategic approach to advancing circular economy in new build and existing buildings on the US market. The approach is inspired by experiences from Denmark and current tendencies in Europe.
This is followed by a presentation on the impact of the EU taxonomy on American companies, with a specific focus on the environmental objective ‘transition to a circular economy’. The EU taxonomy for sustainable activities is a classification system established to clarify which investments are environmentally sustainable.
Finally, a panel discussion will take place, shedding light on current barriers and drivers, challenging the brief, and highlighting the circular efforts needed, to sustain the path towards limiting the global warming below 1,5 C.
- Presentions on ‘Global energy and resource dependencies’ & ‘Landing Circular Economy, The Value of Partnerships’
- Project presentations by NYU
- Panel discussion on the challenges and barriers of applying circular economic initiatives in today's American building sector. Local Law 97 and future recommendations for the scope. And finally, developers and inventors' carbon commitment incl. efforts in focusing on embodied carbon and extraction of virginal resources.
- Closing remarks
- Daniele Spiegel-Feld, Executive Director, Guarini Center on Environmental, Energy and Land Use Law
- Dr. Carolyn Kissane, Academic Director, Center for Global Affairs, NYU
- Torben Kulasingam, Senior Sustainability Engineer, Ramboll Denmark
- Myrrh Caplan, National Senior Sustainability Director, Skanska USA
- Stuart Brodsky, Director, Center for the Sustainable Built Environment, NYU School of Professional Studies
- Mille Munksgaard, Senior Advisor, Danish Cleantech Hub