Tue, May 03|
Europe: Ahead of the Curve? Inclusive Circular Cities in Europe
The key is, how to make circular theory a reality in the spaces that we live in? The current policy framework in Europe is critical and can help cities across the globe in their journey trying to adopt a circular approach.
Time & Location
May 03, 2022, 10:00 AM – 11:15 AM EDT
About the event
They remain the sites where most of us live, or work, and where most of our material is consumed and waste created. Cities play a unique role in our ability to make circular theory a reality. If there are “no good choices in a bad system”. How do we design the meaningful and inclusive systems we need to create our cities of the future? To create the right conditions for the population to thrive. Further to that if we move beyond the economic argument, how do we create the conditions for the right economic, social and environmental decisions? In this session we will focus on how business, policy, and non-profits when properly aligned on a common theory of change can unlock a better system solution for all of us in the future. And how the current policy framework in Europe is critical and can help move the conversations forward elsewhere across the globe.
- Fernanda Panvini, Head of Circular Economy Italy, Enel Group
- Dr. Aurel von Richthofen, Team Leader Cities, Arup
- Arjan Hassing, Circular Innovation Strategist, City of Amsterdam
- Tamara Streefland, Circular Cities Lead, Metabolic
Moderator: James George, Strategic Advisor, PYXERA Global
Key Participant Learning Outcomes
- What does the journey look like for Cities trying to adopt a circular approach in Europe.
- How has that need changed over the last 3-5 years and what are some of the common barriers that we see despite the current policy framework.
- Circular economy is complex, what are the short-term fixes that create the long-term goals
- How has the relationship with community needs, influence, direct, and be bought to the centre of the process when we think about the spaces that we live.
- What are the clear successes and failures currently in Europe.